A reasonably pleasant day. Had a nice catch-up chat with Michelia during out two hour Chinese break. It feels so good to have someone with so many of the same opinions as yourself! Gabbed about past and present over her lunch and my beastly vectors 3 tutorial (which, of course, didn't get much done). Talked about a mutual friend that somehow, we both haven't talked to for a while... like how you can be in closer in different schools than when you're together. It's no one's fault really... just the inevitable that things change. Like I just said, "things change a lot after the first 3 months" and though we didn't say it out loud, we both knew what it meant. Things just shuffled around. And then you miss what you had and wish you hadn't taken it forgranted. The friendship is still there... just that there's a lot of dust that has to be brushed off. I just hope we both can recover it.
One of my teachers in secondary school commented that after going to JC, many of our girls become very exclusive and tend to only stick to select groups of people that are "good enough" for them. I see it now... not really true, but it exists. All I can say is woman... find yourself. What makes one any "better" than the next person? Who are you to judge? Please stop treating the 'common people' like dirt. This is not the place for acting like royalty. And believe me... there will come a time when your fine friends discover what kind of person you are. No matter how deceiving your visage.
Got kind of carried away there... sorry about the rant. I shall end on a happier note:
Today's edition of Life's simple pleasures:
-sharing nasi bryani with wei wei and shuhui in the canteen 'cos we can never finish one plate ourselves
-green milk tea!!! (I just realized that I haven't had a single cup this week! Horrors!)
-tonight's dinner:
plain dou gan with a touch of salt
xiao bai cai
one potato patty
curry chicken
heaven.
Quite sad... I think I have discovered my new ambition... I shall be a foodie!
Now back to revision of the stupid college song 'cos the notes insist on leaking out of my head. Then econs... and hopefully some physics.
7:18 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

