Running down into the spring that's coming all this love
Melting under blue skies
Belting out sunlight
Shimmering love
Well baby I surrender
To the strawberry ice cream
Never-ever end of all this love
Well I didn't mean to do it
But there's no escaping your love
-Accidentally in Love, CC
Such a happy song. It's so weird that Counting Crows does the theme song for the Shrek 2 soundtrack. Why does it seem that the songs that they actually play on radio are so... far off from the ones that they actually have on their albums? Like "Big Yellow Taxi" for instance. With Vanessa Carlton. A cover of the original Amy Grant version. Like, hello? Who actually listens to that? What's the point in remaking a song when Adam Duritz writes such beautiful lyrics on his own? Thankfully "Accidentally", albeit uncharacteristic, is pretty sweet.
Watched Eternal Sunshine today, at last. It's really artsy and the ending was sweet. Felt slightly befuddled though, a bit of a movie overload since I just watched Return of The King last night again. That still remains the top movie of all time. No question about that! There's a high element of "cool" (note the many scenes of Aragorn drawing his sword, wind blowing his hair, triumphing over everyone else, etc etc), and Miranda Otto is such a good actress. The sketches of all the main characters at the end when they're scrolling the credits is great too! So what if some of the lines are a little corny? And that it's superbly unfeasible? It's just great escapist entertainment!
Everyone's thinking of whether we should turn up at our grad night or not. I guess we should, shouldn't we? The last time that the whole batch gets together? (Unless you count collecting of A-level results, of course)
Had chem prac today. It wasn't too bad though I couldn't finish the design experiment. But I guess it's much better than the theory part of chem.
SATs tomorrow. Then I should really get down to studying for CTs. Hate this vicious cycle starting all over again. That's just the way it is.
6:47 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

