I felt a little like reflecting on the last of my uniformed days, but the inspiration is gone right now. Maybe another time.
When I was walking home there was a woman on the path in working clothes in the midst of a breakup with her boyfriend. Over the handphone. She was crying and pretty much yelling (much to the delight of all nosey passers-by) into her phone ["wo bu yao ting ni ze xie excuse le, wo zen de bu neng le"] I'm sadistic. Oh well.
Came home and my mum just came back from my cousin's wedding in the US. And she got a lot of stuff. Like Counting Crows' first album (which, as a matter of fact, was released in 1993. I was like in P1?!), the 2 Daria movies on DVD, Craig Thompson's travel sketches book Carnet De Voyage and she also unknowingly brought back a newspaper from her hotel which featured I Heart Huckabees! :) I realized that if we went with her we could have caught Garden State AND I Heart Huckabees in the cinemas 'cos she also brought back the movie page. Darn it. Haha. Anyway, my mum rocks! Oh yup, she also got me a dress so I don't have to bother searching high and low for one anymore. Hooray! It's kind of feminine but I shan't complain 'cos I don't look too fat in it. And that's rare.
Then spent a long time finishing my econs essay, and watched Is It Fall Yet? And it was really got to me. I haven't seen Daria for quite a while and it's all coming back to me now why I love it. But it's just got my kind of humour and the best script ever. She's so iconic I don't understand why it isn't shown anywhere except on Chinese MTV to teach Chinese people how to speak English. Like could you get any weirder?
Anyway I should get some sleep so I can wake up early tomorrow to continue in my mugging pursuits. Ugh.
11:42 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

