So today was the official last day of school, I guess. Went to school in the morning for farewell assembly and Huimin called me when I was on my way in... then went to atrium and she and Min Li handed me this huge bag of food. Really sweet of you all to remember :) though I don't want to think of the state I'll be in when I actually finish the stuff. Burp. So went to hall and the main thing was the presentation with all the class pics of our cohort... quite sweet even though they had to play sad music in the background throughout to evoke emotions in us... manipulation I tell ya. But it was really nice of the teachers to do it. :) Then me and Mingyong were chasing Mr James Lim around to take pic with him and finally got our snapshot. Our class went to the amphitheatre to have some sharing where we all had to talk about our reflections in life in NJ... rather interesting I must say. Yup, then had cake that Wei Wei baked (thanks a lot girl!) and yes hamster accessories for Mingyong and a new cd for me. Thanks a lot for preparing the stuff people... really appreciate it! (My sis is happy too because new cd for me = new cd for her, haha) We went to Seoul Garden for lunch and had an interesting time discussing about senior's farewell, class chalet, army, work and the future. Then rushed back to school to do my econs essay and got interrupted half-way by my dweeby sis about HER essay... haha. Then went out for dinner too, feeling damn fat now. Finished essay, uploaded photos while reading Jx's blog, gaining many insights along the way (don't worry lar I won't spread) watched a bit of America's next Top Model, and here I am.
My gosh, I have so many new cds now, but hey, who's complaining? CDs always last longer than other things 'cos you can listen to them over and over, savour them slowly and hear something different and more charming than the first time. In Carnet De Voyage Craig Thompson stayed with a family who lived in a chalet built by their ancestors in the Swiss Alps. 0_0 It's been my dream since primary school or something to stay in the Swiss Alps but it's quite difficult for normal people 'cos it's not normally part of the usual commercialized tour deal. Oh well. I can always dream.
I'll be 18 in a couple of hours. Don't think it's mere coincidence that the yearly ageing falls just a day after leaving the uniformed life. What can I say? I can't believe I'm 18 already. I don't feel I'm ready to step into the real world yet and leave the sweet old innocent school days behind. I just feel like I still have a lot to learn, somehow. On life in NJ, I can't say it was the best, but I'm always grateful for what I have gained. There IS stuff that I regret, and I can't tell how many times I wish I could turn back the hands of time where two years just breezed by. Just like that. It seems as though a lot of stuff that happened last year never happened. And that's quite scary. I mean it was only a year ago? And yet it all seems like a story or dream. You could tell me that and I would believe you. And so it isn't really surprising at all that stuff that really happened thousands of years ago are easily dismissed by people as just myth. Sometimes I wonder what's the point of, like, actually doing things when we live in a world of everlasting change and everything that seems to matter is only, the "NOW!" and by the time "NOW" comes what you were actually doing previously is already obselete. Oh well, I'm getting pretty irrelevant.
I just want to be grateful, I guess. What's the point of thinking so much about stuff that is already over? Want to be grateful for people I've met from coming here like my 1st 3 months friends MinLi, Huimin, and Anuja, wonderful down-to-earth people I'll always treasure. Section mates Swee Yan and Shun Yu, for all the laughter and times we had to go through together, juniors like Val, Mabel, Sharon and Jasmine and of course Michelle, Charmaine and Revathi, such sweet people full of life. Class gals: Si Hui, thanks for always putting up with me, listening to me and being such a loyal friend; Baofei, for all your lameness, amusing advice and tolerance of my whining; Wei Wei for always caring and talking nonsense with me; Huiling for your initiative, honesty and amusing ability to ALWAYS be the first to bring up MH, Mingyong for her sweetness and caring at all times, Serene for always being there no matter whether to joke with or discuss work :) Yup, I'm thankful for you all.
It's getting really late now. I shall leave you all with (what else?) a lyric.
She buys a ticket cause it's cold where she comes from
she climbs aboard because she's scared of getting older in the snow
Love is a ghost train rumbling through the darkness
hold on to me darling I got no where else to go
"How do you do?"She said
"Hey, how do you do?"
I took the cannonball down to the ocean
watch the diesel disappear beneath the tumbling waves
love is a ghost train howling on the radio
"Remember everything," She said "When only memories remain."
-CC, Ghost Train
Everybody altogether now: Booya!
1:22 AM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

