Sunday, January 16, 2005
I just saw Dirty Dancing 2! We were supposed to have a Disney night, but somehow it became a Diego Luna-Cuban music & dancing night. Not that anyone minded! The script was awful but we were kind of tuning out whenever the characters started talking to each other. The music and Diego was enough. He's dangerous. As Ning says, he's so irresistable he shouldn't be allowed to walk on the street. The movie is such a guilty pleasure. It makes you feel like dancing all through the night, and the next morning I still felt the mood of it. I loved the music and the singers in the Cuban clubs.
"You don't want to waste the music."
"Represent, represent. CUBA!"
I almost forgot all about Alfie! It's not as bad as the critics say, truly, even though I am probably largely biased. Some bits ARE touching. And it's the critics' own fault if they want to be all sniffy and stuck up about the original. Haha. They just want to sound intellectual, that's all.
10:36 AM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------