If I hear that *&#*@(%^$! Ryan Cabera song again (I hope I spelled it wrong.), I'm going to start throwing things. I've been at this job for close to four weeks, and the radio is switched on for the whole day. And they have played "True" Every. Single. Friggin. Day. From the day I started the job. That makes it 20 times, not counting the many times I heard it before the job. AND on MTV. AND the fact that they played it more than once on certain days. And I do not like that song to begin with. It makes me queasy. Cabera, please take your blond highlights and whine someplace else.
-----------
I was interrupted by an Annoying Woman who asked why I was using the Internet. "You don't need to use the Internet for what I told you to do." Um, yup. I knew that.
I have a dreadful habit of disliking people way too easily.
-----------
Finding Neverland was a slight disappointment, but Johnny still did his best I must say. Lost in Translation okay, although Ning raved about it much more than I did. Down With Love was pretty awful, and it's really sad that Ewan McGregor does a Southern accent much better than his own Scottish tongue. It's like he's been away from home for way too long.
----------
A Lyrical Protest.
The remedy is the experience.
This is a dangerous liaison
I say the comedy is that it's serious.
This is a strange enough new play on words
I say the tragedy is how you're gonna spend
The rest of your nights with the light on
So shine the light on all of your friends
When it all amounts to nothing in the end.
When I fall in love
I'll take my time
There's no need to hurry when I'm making up my mind
You can turn off the sun but I'm still gonna shine and I'll tell you why
I won't worry my life away.
I won't and I won't and I won't.
-- Jason Mraz
I remember putting using the line "I say the tragedy...with the lights on" as a sort of header for my very first blog skin in mid 2003, pretty much forgot about the song [due to severe overplay, though this time it was deserved] and just now me and my sis dug out a couple of songs we grew up listening to, and when I heard this song again I realized how it always stays relevant, no matter your mood or level of maturity. They say Garden State is the movie that defines our generation, I say this is the song that defines it.
----------
I'm tired.
Goodnight.
12:28 AM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

