Anyhow, I haven't been doing much aside from going for driving lessons everyday. I went back into the circuit after driving on the road for sometime, and it feels weird. I got a little overexcited and vroomed around the track 'cos you feel like you are vrooming at just 40km/h inside the circuit. I think I prefer driving at night, but I can't 'cos I'll get stuck with the annoying instructor who doesn't tell me anything. We spent most of the time just driving round and round the circuit, and he didn't even say anything when I mounted the curb in the crank course, and once the bell rang signalling the end of the lesson he shoved my record book into my hand and went "Thatsallhaveaniceday." Brilliant, man. And I have another instructor, Mr L, that once made me stop my car and went on for half-an-hour about safety rules and gave me a long hand-drawn chart to memorize. Why are they so extreme? But the funniest thing is the way they keep bitching about each other's teaching methods.
Example 1:
L: What has Mr T been teaching you about overtaking?
Me (thinks frantically 'cos Mr T never teaches me HOW to overtake, he always assumes I know- so I tell L the answer from the handbook): Er- when you see the car in the rearview mirror?
L: (sighs) Yes, yes. Mr T teaches you that, but has he told you in detail? When the front wheel of the car behind touches the bottom of your rearview mirror, the car is 3 metres behind you. When the front wheel is at the one quarter mark of your mirror, the car is 6 metres behind you... etc. etc. You must visualize these images in your head! Three, six, nine!
And by that time the car you wanted to overtake will have overtaken you.
Example 2:
T: Why does your sister always like to look down instead of ahead when turning?
Me: I think it's because there's another instructor that tells us to look at the middle of the lane at entry point...
T: (Laughs) Must be Mr L, right? See lah, like that... keep hitting curb... donno what he's teaching... (and at this moment L emerges from the car right in front of us, and we both stare at him)
Weirdos. Then we get confused only.
I also went back to NJ to collect my cert yesterday with Wei Wei, and the whole canteen was in rubble. Anyway we went into the library and I've never been so happy to see mugging students. I mean I don't miss the actual mugging but the sight of them just brings me back to the uniformed days. I can't believe they're renovating the school the year we leave.
And today I went for my driving simulator, which was great fun and could have been longer. I wish I could install one in my house. It's like the instructor could set the place you were driving in, and I got Australia, so voila! A click of a button and I was driving around Australia, with mountains in the distance and all. I met my primary school classmate there (I keep bumping into everyone I used to know at the driving centre) and she got Japan. I knocked down a motorcyclist when turning, my ex-classmate banged into a car that suddenly cut into her lane and the other guy crashed head-on into a giant truck that suddenly emerged. But aside from that, not much harm done. We enjoyed ourselves immensely. :) [side note to Michelia: I ALWAYS check my blind spots! You're just not very worthy of notice. Haha.] And I learnt a lot more in today's than I did last night!
7:39 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

