Then I walked out of the house to go to the petrol kiosk to get breakfast things with my mum after dinner, and there's a full, intensely-coloured rainbow stretched out proudly right outside my house. Not one of those faint short stretches. The real deal. It brought a tear to my eye. And I know everything is going to be okay, despite the current rain.
When I get/lose something out of mere situation, I start to question whether that would be the case if the situation were different, get all nitpicky. However, the situation could have changed at the slightest falter in someone's decision, a sudden change in plans. So why didn't it? If it happened exactly the way it happened, perhaps that was the way it was meant to be. Maybe I should appreciate the situation if it works in my favour, and know it's part of a greater plan if it doesn't.
Everything happens for a reason. I don't normally go out of the house at that time of the day. Furthermore, I've never seen a rainbow in my area. Why did that perfect rainbow appear at that exact point in time for us to see it, and disappear only after we had gone? Why did Ning lose her contact lens on the subway when we were in New York, and we went through searching for it on the grimy floors, and almost thought we were stuck at the end of the line, and I just happen to look down and see it on the floor right in front of me at the exact stop that we were supposed to be getting off at, so we didn't have to go all the way back to the hotel?
It has to be more than mere coincidence.
7:35 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

