Take these hands/Teach them what to carry
Take these hands/Don't make a fist
Take this mouth/So quick to criticize
Take this mouth/Give it a kiss
*
I'm not exaggerating to say that. This music changed the shape of the room. It changed the shape of the world outside the room; the way you looked out the window and what you were looking at.
(on John Lennon)
*
I'm not a whinging liberal. I'm no hippie with flowers in my hair.
*
...we've got to follow through on our ideals or we betray something at the heart of who we are. Outside these gates, and even within them, the culture of idealism is under siege, beset by materialism and narcissism and all the other "isms" of indifference.
*
It's a very real illness, depression. I understand chemical imbalance and all that. But I do think its prevalence has a lot to do with a lack of perspective on your life and a lack of empathy of what's going on in other lives...they're pickled in themselves. ... We must be careful not to stew in our own juices.
10:17 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

