Nothing revolutionary
One thing that I've been noticing a lot around campus recently. I mean it's always been this way. It' s just that it's been really especially apparent of late.
So much arrogance. I don't necessarily mean that in a bad sense. It's just that everyone is so aware of themselves, what they are capable of, and really push for excellence in everything they do.
This is a wonderful thing- to finally find your purpose and being old enough to go about doing it too!- this is the age where you just feel that you are capable of doing anything. It's very beautiful.
And yet this self-obsession and self-pride- it worries me no end.
All so sure of ourselves. What does it all even mean, in the long haul? It's something everyone knows, and yet continue to ignore, and will continue to ignore. It's not a fun idea. It surely is so much easier to love the ideals: self-creation, self-worth, self-identity, self-discovery.
Self, self, self.
God never set out to win a popularity contest.
One thing that I've been noticing a lot around campus recently. I mean it's always been this way. It' s just that it's been really especially apparent of late.
So much arrogance. I don't necessarily mean that in a bad sense. It's just that everyone is so aware of themselves, what they are capable of, and really push for excellence in everything they do.
This is a wonderful thing- to finally find your purpose and being old enough to go about doing it too!- this is the age where you just feel that you are capable of doing anything. It's very beautiful.
And yet this self-obsession and self-pride- it worries me no end.
All so sure of ourselves. What does it all even mean, in the long haul? It's something everyone knows, and yet continue to ignore, and will continue to ignore. It's not a fun idea. It surely is so much easier to love the ideals: self-creation, self-worth, self-identity, self-discovery.
Self, self, self.
God never set out to win a popularity contest.
8:56 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

