My laptop is likely to have just crashed (as evidence shows, it persistently shows one of those potent blue screens after restarting ten times at least). As I type this on the computer downstairs at such a time, it sounds crazy but I feel relieved and calm. And for the first time in ages, blessed and actually kind of happy.
A lot of content lost. But not anything that's a life-or-death issue (my major projects have all been cleared, and the essential stuff of the rest can be picked up in email).
A lot less distraction. Right now the laptop just seems to me nothing but an Unhealthy and Unnecessary object (in terms of both the immaterial e.g. Facebook and Crunchyroll, and material, e.g. radiation), and I think I can do fine for the rest of the term (i.e. next 3 weeks) without it, in fact.
A clean slate. No love lost. It's funny how I spend almost my entire life over the past 2 years and couple of months on it, and come to realize it isn't all that important after all. Just something that was always there that I assumed I needed.
You know what, I think I'll actually be just a teeny bit disappointed if I go to CIT on Monday and find that it starts up just fine again.
3:27 AM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

